The goal through the development of this Award in each of the four provincial TIA's would be to highlight achievements by members of the Atlantic Canada tourism industry. By bringing these 'leaders and innovators' to the forefront, it is hoped that it will lead to additional leaders and innovators within the industry.
As the area of technology increasingly becomes a strategic priority throughout our region, and the tourism industry specifically, we hope that we can foster some additional leadership from other members of the tourism industry. This Award will highlight a variety of achievements in the area of technology and will, without a doubt, bring recognition to the tourism industry as a leader in the area of technological advancement.
The criteria for the Tourism Atlantic Technology Award:
- be a member of the provincial TIA;
- have been in business for a minimum of two years;
- have the ability to complete the sale of tourism related products and services online;
- have developed or invested in innovative or new technologies to promote or enhance tourism in their operation or region; and
- show an investment and/or major improvement to their website design for items such as close of sale online, design, functionality, quality, navigation, policies, etc.
Nomination criteria may also include:
- the technology application has the potential to serve as an inspiration or model for further innovation for others in the tourism sector;
- the application of this technology makes a noteworthy contribution to their operation that surpasses previous or current solutions; and
- the technology initiatives have enhanced and extended tourism - related efforts throughout the region.
Nominations must include the following:
- name and contact information for both the nominee and the nominator; and
- the nominator must inform the nominee that they are being nominated.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
Selection process and award delivery:
- only the award winners will be recognized by TIA and Tourism Atlantic - ACOA;
- the awards committee, comprised of the TIA and Tourism Atlantic - ACOA representative will select the winner; and
all decisions rendered by the committee are final.