- Professional Development
- Summerside Job Fair
- Cavendish Tourism Job Fair - 2013
- Passport to Employment Thru Tourism
- TIAPEI Tourism Scholarship Fund
- ChooseTourism.ca Program
- emerit - Training Solutions
- Participating Island Employers
- Who is Certified?
- Professional Certification
- Employee Training Resources
- Business Management Resources
- National Occupational Standards
Tourism Sector Council
The Tourism Human Resource Sector Council was established in 2006. The Council is an arm of the Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island (TIAPEI).
It is an independent industry driven organization which provides leadership in the development of the tourism industry's workforce and HR development needs and provides a neutral forum for industry representatives and stakeholders to discuss HR related challenges and concerns within tourism and propose solutions.
The Council is comprised of industry representatives representing various industry sectors, geographic regions, employers, employees, federal and provincial governments.
The role of the Sector Council:
- Define human resource issues;
- Facilitate school-to-work transitions;
- Develop strategies for recruiting and retaining workers;
- Identify current and anticipated skills shortages;
- Develop sector career awareness strategies;
- Support the development of occupational standards;
- Develop strategies to promote the workplace as a learning place; and
- Influence policy development which can have human resource effects on sectors through consultation with government policy makers. (Note that this is different from lobbying activity which is most appropriately left to the sector representatives with the appropriate mandate. Lobbying is not an appropriate activity for a Sector Council.)
This project and the Choosetourism.ca website is funded by the Canada/Prince Edward Island Labour Market Development Agreement.