PEI Tourism Industry
- PEI Tourism Industry
- Tourism Stratgic Engaugement
- Province Wide Accommodation Levy
- PEI 2014 Celebrations
- 2012 Industry Survey Results
- PEI Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Information
- Tourism Related HST Questions
- HST Taxable Items
- PEI Online Reservation System
- PEI Tourism Indicators
- PEI Ferry Service
- PEI National Parks
- Human Resouces in Tourism
- Tourism and Travel Quick Facts
- PEI Regional Tourism Associations
- Tourism Research Center
- Tourism Advisory Council (TAC)
TIAPEI is committed to providing its industry with the most up-to-date information for industry reference. An industry and government commitment to more timely tourism indicators statistics has led to the development of an occupancy reporting system that provides monthly statistics along with other key tourism indicators statistics of industry performance.
Through the Tourism Industry Act, it is mandatory for all accommodation operators - fixed roof and campgrounds - to file occupancy reports on a monthly basis, for each month they are open. The data compiled through occupancy reporting make it possible for the Tourism PEI to report on occupancy rates (ie. the percentage of unit-nights available that are rented) and as well as the origins of those renting the rooms.
Occupancy statistics and origin data provides insight into the performance of the accommodation industry, and helps to identify emerging markets.
Check this page regularly for the latest tourism indicators statistics, as they are automatically updated when the province releases the most recent statistics.