Tourism is a critical driver of economic activity, employment, and tax revenue for Prince Edward Island, and Canada.
On Prince Edward Island:
- Tourism provides 7,700 full time equivalent jobs for Islanders.
- Tourism accounts for 6.3% of PEI’s total GDP.
- It accounts for approximately $447 million in economic activity each year.
- Travel accounts for 1.9% of Canada’s GDP.
- Tourism accounts for 1.7 million jobs.
- Travel is a $90.3 billion sector (2015).
- Travel is a major source of employment for youth under 35 years of age. They occupy 51% of jobs in travel industry.