Thanks for taking the time to discover what means to you.
Research now shows that health and safety are top of mind for consumers when choosing travel destinations. The pandemic left some consumers feeling less secure, even in previously considered ‘safe’ locations for travel and tourism. Prince Edward Island’s tourism industry has recognized that concern and responded by implementing standardized health and safety training program not provided by competing tourism jurisdictions – the certified training program is called Safe Haven and is powered by globally recognized EarthCheck.
SAFEHAVEN MEANS PEACE OF MIND FOR ISLANDERS, VISITORS, STAFF AND BUSINESS OWNERS!
LOOK FOR THE SAFEHAVEN DECAL
WE ARE SAFEHAVEN CERTIFIED!
SafeHaven certified businesses have committed to:
- Disinfection of high touch surfaces every four hours
- Strict operating procedures on infection control, disinfection practices and hand hygiene
- Provision of training, equipment, and resources to allow staff to carry out enhanced cleaning practices
- Enhanced communication with guests, and stakeholders on cleanliness and hygiene
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of staff areas
- 3rd party annual on-site audits performed to ensure standards are maintained
- Routine program evaluation to ensure continuous cleanliness and hygiene improvement
Click here to see a map with certified SafeHaven locations all across PEI!