The Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island has signed the Sustainable Tourism 2030 Pledge, to demonstrate our commitment to improving the sustainability performance of our business between now and 2030.
The UN World Tourism Organization defines sustainable tourism as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities.”
Each year, TIAPEI will commit to measuring and improving our sustainability performance in the following ways:
- Measure our carbon footprint and find opportunities to reduce our emissions year over year
- Continue to have sustainability and environmental consciousness as part of our organizational thinking and framework.
- When building partnerships, ask potential partners if and what initiatives they are undertaking to support sustainability.
- Ensure work-related travel and accommodations are carbon offset when available.
- Utilize our provincial tourism network to support the education of sustainability at our annual TIAPEI Tourism & AGM conference.
Join TIAPEI and GreenStep’s Sustainable Tourism Team for an informative webinar on sustainability as it relates to tourism. Learn how your business, and the planet, can benefit from assessing your business’ sustainability performance.
- Improve your knowledge on sustainability as a topic
- Be introduced to the assessment criteria specific to the tourism industry, including what is measured within the environmental, social and cultural, and economic aspects of your business
- Learn about the benefits of assessing your business on the sustainability criteria
- Learn how your tourism business can leverage low or no-cost sustainability initiatives to drive revenue, provide cost savings, and attract and retain talent
- Read more HERE: https://greensteptourism.com/business-case-for-sustainable-tourism/
Who should attend:
This webinar is for any business owner, manager, or staff member who is interested in broadening their knowledge of sustainability while seeking ways to get started on their journey to improving their performance within their organization.
Date: Tuesday, November 14th – 2-3pm AST